A bathroom is many people’s safe haven, where they go to escape the noise and enjoy some me time. Even if you already have several bathrooms at home, getting a spare one is always a good idea. This is especially true if your family is large or you have guests staying over regularly. An additional bathroom can make everyone’s life much easier because it provides added comfort and minimizes inconveniences.
Read on to learn how to plan out a bathroom addition project so you ensure outstanding and long-lasting results. With experienced bathroom addition contractors in San Diego by your side, you will have no problem carrying the project to completion.
Is adding a second bathroom worth it?
In short: yes, adding an extra bathroom can pay off in a major way. Not only does it raise the value of your home in case you decide to sell it but it is also a very convenient addition. It is especially beneficial if you’re a growing family. Although it does call for a significant investment, a skillfully constructed bathroom can last you for decades.
If you’re interested in other tips on building a brand new bathroom, read about what the kinds of bathroom layouts are, which bathroom tile style you should pick and what the most relaxing color scheme for your new bathroom is.
Where should I add an extra bathroom?
When you’re working with limited space, figuring out where to fit an additional bathroom can be quite a feat. Our experience has taught us that there usually is an area in each home which could be put to better use by transforming into a new bathroom space. Here are a few picks that are popular with homeowners:
- Part of the hallway: Many homes feature a spacious hallway that doesn’t do much. Cutting it off and repurposing a portion of it may be more practical.
- Under a staircase: If the area under your stairs provides enough room, seize it and turn it into a much more useful guest toilet.
- Part of a bedroom: If you have ample bedroom space, you may consider fitting another toilet and turning it into an ensuite.
- Walk in closet: Although many people love the idea of a walk in wardrobe, it sometimes isn’t applicable in everyday life. This nook can often work in your favor much better if it’s converted into a bathroom.
- Walk in pantry: Similarly to a walk in closet, a large pantry may not be a necessity for every family. Use it to your advantage by modifying it.
What order do you fit a bathroom?
Many tasks go into bathroom fitting and they are usually performed in this order:
- Removing existing fixtures, if any
- Removing existing wall and floor tiles
- Electrical installation
- Wall preparation
- Painting the ceiling
- Installing new plumbing
- Tiling the walls and floors
- Installing bathroom fixtures
- Adding furniture and accessories
Where can I find reliable bathroom addition contractors in San Diego?
Whether you’re planning a bathroom addition in Sorrento Mesa or a different room addition project anywhere in San Diego, Lars Architecture will be at your service. Improve the value of your house and maximize the practicality of the space at your disposal. Our crew of experienced specialists has conducted many comprehensive building projects so far and we’re only warming up.
Our well-versed team can take care of each step of your room addition, fine-tuning everything we do to suit your preferences, demands, and budget. Contact us today and watch your construction project unfold at a steady pace and with excellent results. What are you waiting for?