Are you in the middle of putting together a bathroom addition project? After you’ve figured out the layout and tiling options, it’s time to focus on creating the perfect color scheme for your new space. Color will have a huge impact on the final look and feel of the bathroom, so think it through carefully.
Learn how to decide on a color scheme for your bathroom, whether you’re going for a spa-like, glamorous, or quirky esthetic. If you’d like expert assistance, providers of bathroom addition services in San Diego can also guide you through the color selection process.
Let’s take a look at some of the expert tips for picking out the colors for your bathroom tiles, paint, and accents.
What is the most relaxing color for a bathroom?
If you’d like the bathroom to be your quiet retreat, where you’ll decompress and unwind away from the world, that should be reflected in the color scheme. There are a few way to go about this:
- Soft blues: Blue hues are a classic choice for bathrooms because they are calming, unimposing, and peaceful. Play around with different shades of blue because the possibilities are endless. For example, pair off powder blue and white to create a gentle, feminine space or choose a navy vanity with gold hardware for a stylish touch.
- Earthy tones: Beige tones, rich browns, wooden accents, and other natural elements can do wonders for your bathroom space. These colors are very versatile because they lend themselves well to achieving a variety of looks, including rustic, spa-like, and glam.
- Serene greens: If you’d like to create a tranquil atmosphere, pick fresh and crisp shades of green. Green makes most people feel relaxed and rejuvenated, so it can be the perfect breath of fresh air in both modern and traditional bathrooms. Whether you go for light mint or a deep forest green, you can use it for wall paint, tiles, or accents. Adding indoor plants is also a great way to introduce some green into your space.
- Subdued greys: Greys are elegant, soothing, and timeless. You can choose from a range or warm and cool greys to create your desired color palette. These hues will work with many different styles. For example, they’ll look amazing in modern, minimalist spaces, which abound in clean, geometric lines.
- Airy whites: White is one of the most popular bathroom colors for several reasons. It’s clean, simple, and makes a small space larger visually. For a peaceful vibe, you could go all-white with different textures that will add interest, or combine whites with other soft colors, like light greys, greens, or blues.
Should the bathroom floor be darker than the walls?
Combining darker floor tiles with lighter walls is a general rule of thumb, which makes sense both esthetically and from a maintenance standpoint. Typically, this mix makes a room look larger. Also, floors get dirty easily and a darker color will help conceal unsightly stains and grime. However, rules are there to be broken and you should feel free to get creative and mix colors in a way that speaks to you.
What are #1 bathroom addition services in San Diego?
Are you planning to fit an additional bathroom in your home in Kensington or the vicinity? Our unwavering professionalism and dedication makes Lars Architecture a leading provider of room addition services in San Diego. Whatever your color preferences, bathroom layout demands, or tile selection dilemmas, our team has the expertise to pull it all together.
Request your free on-site consultation today to embark on a rewarding bathroom addition experience. Our specialists will provide you with comprehensive architectural plans, 3D virtual planning, drafting services, expert interior design, construction management, and regular updates on the progress of the project. Give us a call for a worry-free home addition!